Electronic Field Trips
Hispanic World Unit
Reflection on the Hispanic World Field Trips
- Grade level: Upper Elementary, Middle and High School
- Subject Area: Foreign Language - Spanish
Students write rapid draft, which includs their
general impression about these Spanish-speaking countries and special impression
about certain countries. They compare with their first report and the last one
to see which part they change most and why. They share their feeling with whole
group about these countries associated with learning Spanish, and their
expectation for further learning.
- Students will learn how to organize their information to structure the final
- Students will compare their own first and final reports and find out the big
diffrences between two.
- Students will figure out what make them change their impression on the
differences and why.
- Students will share their feelings (comment) with whole group.
Materials and Resources Needed
- Hardware requirement: several PCs or Macintoshs with color monitors
- Software requirement: Operating system (MacOs, Window, Dos, Windows/95,
etc.), application software (ClarisWorks, MS word, etc.), and WWW browsers
- Network/Internet requirement: telephone lines, high-speed modems (14,400 or
above), Web browser: Netscape or others.
- Give back to students the reports done in previous lessons in Spanish,
Mexico, Central America and the Caribbean, and South America electronic field
- Give them one hour to re-structure their impression about Hispanic world on a
- Give back to students the first report they did in first lesson on their
impression about Hispanic world.
Resources for Latin America--Introduction
The web site include many hotlinks for Latin America, like WWW Virtual
Library--Geographical list, Latin America Network Information Center, etc.
Patterns: Latin America's Vital Media
From North American's perspectives, Latin America conjured up a set of
contradictory images. The diversity in these countries provides diversity facets
for those who are interested in explore the area. The web sites introduce a
decent point of view towards Latin America.
- Latin American
A list of hotlinks for Latin American Countries, LatinWorld, Political Database
of the Americas, etc.
- Latin America on the Net -
The web site provides a complete information of most countries in Latin America
(Central, South America, and the Caribbean).
- Web Museum of Latin America
A great web site introduces Latin American museums.
- The Journal of Latin
"Latin American Perspectives is a theoretical and sholarly journal for discuss
and bebate on the political economy of captialism, imperialism and socialism in
the Americas. Most issues focus on a single problem, nation, or region,
providing an in-depth look from participants and sholars throughout the
Back to Hispanic World Unit Lesson Plans
LETSNet is © Michigan State University College
of Education and Ameritech