The Nature Center: Microbe Zoo
What's up at this site?
Visit the Microbe Zoo and learn all about the billions of microbes that surround us each day. (Microbes
are tiny cells that are everywhere!)
Who'd like this site?
- Cool for kids: Kids ages 9 and up will like this site.
Highlights. Check it out:
- The Animal Pavillion is home to all those microbes that live on and in animals, including humans! See close up the
little critters that live in your mouth, a cow's stomach, and more.
- Hungry? What you didn't know is that you might have just taken a mouth full of microbes!
See what's in your favorite snack of chocolate or yogurt when you visit the
- Who knew that microbes were blood thirsty? Visit
and you can see a vampire in the microbe house of horrors. On your trip to Dirtland, you can learn all about the ways in which microbes help plants.
- Now that you've learned about some of the many microbes surrounding you, go on your own
microbe safari and see what microbes are living with you in your home. Who knows,
maybe you'll find yeast in your cheese or microbes living on your shower curtain?
- To learn more about microbes, you may wish to vist the The Digital Learning Center
for Microbial Ecology.
Back to the Nature Center
LETSNet is © Michigan State University College
of Education and Ameritech