Electronic Field Trips
Dinosaurs and Us Unit
Relation to Standards
We have drawn on the science standards outlined by the
National Research Council and the State of Michigan. These standards provide excellent
guidelines for teachers on how to focus science work in their classrooms.
The Dinosaurs and Us Unit addresses the following science
standards from the
National Research Council
- Ask questions for scientific investigations (Science as Inquiry Standard).
- Construct explanations and models using evidence (Science as Inquiry Standard).
- Think critically and logically about the relationships between evidence and
explanations (Science as Inquiry Standard).
- Recognize the link between structure and
function in organisms (Life Science Standard).
The Dinosaurs and Us Unit addresses the following State of
Michigan Science Standards
- Compare ways that living things are adapted (suited) to survive in their
environments (Content Standard 6, Evolution).
- Explain how physical and/or behavioral characteristics of organisms help them to
survive in their environments (Content Standard 6, Evolution).
Back to Dinosaurs and Us Unit
LETSNet is © Michigan State University College
of Education and Ameritech