Relation to Standards
We have drawn on the science standards outlined by the National Research Council and the State of Michigan. These standards provide excellent guidelines for teachers on how to focus science work in their classrooms.
The Dinosaurs and Us Unit addresses the following science standards from the National Research Council [gopher://achilles.k12.ar.us:70/00/subjects/Science/Documents/National%20Science%20Education%20Standards]:
- Ask questions for scientific investigations (Science as Inquiry Standard).
- Construct explanations and models using evidence (Science as Inquiry Standard).
- Think critically and logically about the relationships between evidence and explanations (Science as Inquiry Standard).
- Recognize the link between structure and function in organisms (Life Science Standard).
The Dinosaurs and Us Unit addresses the following State of Michigan Science Standards
- Compare ways that living things are adapted (suited) to survive in their environments (Content Standard 6, Evolution).
- Explain how physical and/or behavioral characteristics of organisms help them to survive in their environments (Content Standard 6, Evolution).
Back to Dinosaurs and Us Unit