South America Field Trip
- Grade level: Upper Elementary, Middle and High School
- Subject Area: Foreign Language - Spanish
Whole group discuss the Spanish-speaking country in
South America. From library or WWW resources in team work, students will get
general/profound knowledge about the Hispanich countries in the area.
- Students will learn how to use library or Internet resources to chosen
- Students will comprehend the collected information.
- Students will structure the information with texts and graphics for
- Students will share their research with whole group.
Materials and Resources Needed
- Hardware requirement: several PCs or Macintoshes with color monitors
- Software requirement: Operating system (MacOs, Window, Dos, Windows/95,
etc.), application software (ClarisWorks, MS word, etc.), and WWW browsers
- Network/Internet requirement: telephone lines, high-speed modems (14,400 or
above), Web browser: Netscape or others.
- Ask students to pick up listed countries according to their interests.
- Divide class into small groups with different topics. Notice group size.
- Give studnets the bookmarks or book lists to do research on their topics.
- Allow students to read these information individually or with small group.
- Ask students to discuss the structure of collected information for the
preparation of presentation.
- Reconvene as a whole group and have each group share what they researched
with whole group.
- Assign student to write down their general and special impression on these
countries as homework.
This web site from Yahoo search engine offers a rich information about these
countries in Latin America. For students to find the Spanish-speaking countries
will find the site helpful for their research.
- Latin America on
the Net - Countries
The web site from "LatinWorld" server introduces most Spanish-speaking coutries
in Latin America from different perspectives like general information, culture,
education and research, Internet resources, and news. The countries are as
This site offers some sound files for PC version to have readers have chance to
listen to the musical variety and richness of the music from
The web page lists the most famous literati in Argentian, including Jorge Luis
Borges, Ernesto Sabato, etc.