Spain Field Trip
- Grade level: Upper Elementary, Middle and High School
- Subject Area: Foreign Language
Whole group discuss the orignial Spanish-speaking country. From library or WWW resources in team work, students will get general/profound knowledge about this country.
- Students will learn how to use library or Internet resources to chosen topics.
- Students will comprehend the collected information.
- Students will structure the information with texts and graphics for presentation.
- Students will share their research with whole group.
Materials and Resources Needed
- Hardware requirement: several PCs or Macintoshs with color monitors printer(s), CD-ROM.
- Software requirement: Operating system (MacOs, Window, Dos, Windows/95, etc.), application software (ClarisWorks, MS word, etc.), and WWW browsers (Netscape, etc.)
- Network/Internet requirement: telephone lines, high-speed modems (14,400 or above), Web browser: Netscape or others.
- Ask students to pick up listed topics according to their interests.
- Divide class into small groups with different topics. Notice group size.
- Give students the bookmarks or book lists to do research on their topics.
- Allow students to read these information individually or with small group.
- Ask students to discuss the structure of collected information for the preparation of presentation.
- Reconvene as a whole group and have each group share what they researched with whole group.
- Assign student to write homework on impression of Spain.
- Spain Internet Resources
The web site offer a considerable rich resources about Spain. You can find various kinds of information all over the whol country.
- La Ciudad De Cordoba
The web sites introduce Cordoba city, the famous ancient city in Spain, which includes her history, monements, museums, local festivals, etc.
- Fotos de Toros
The web sites offers a clear images about the Toros in Spain.
- Medieval Iberia Reources at Northwestern
Northwestern University's Hispanic Studies Department offer ftp access to articles, bibliographies, eletronic texts, and other materials relating to Medieval Iberia.
Information about the city of Barcelona.
- Si, Spain
The Embassy of Spain in Ottawa (Canada) provides Spanish information, such as current affairs, its historical and cultural development.
- Universities in Spain
A list of Spanish universities on-line.
- Pamplona's Running of the Bulls Online
Pamplona's running of the bulls is a special lical festival in Pamplona, Spain. This web sites offers interesting information including SanFermines' song (WAV, AU file), videos and images.
Back to Hispanic World Unit Lesson Plans