South America Field Trip
Back to Hispanic World Unit Lesson Plans
- Grade level: Upper Elementary, Middle and High School
- Subject Area: Foreign Language
Whole group discuss the Spanish-speaking country in South America. From library or WWW resources in team work, students will get general/profound knowledge about the Hispanich countries in the area.
- Students will learn how to use library or Internet resources to chosen topics.
- Students will comprehend the collected information.
- Students will structure the information with texts and graphics for presentation.
- Students will share their research with whole group.
Materials and Resources Needed
- Special Hardware Requirement: several PCs or Macintoshes with color monitors printer(s), CD-ROM.
- Special Software Requirement: Operating system (MacOs, Window, Dos, Windows/95, etc.), application software (ClarisWorks, MS word, etc.), and WWW browsers (Netscape, etc.)
- Network/Internet requirement: telephone lines, high-speed modems (14,400 or above), Web browser: Netscape or others.
- Ask students to pick up listed countries according to their interests.
- Divide class into small groups with different topics. Notice group size.
- Give studnets the bookmarks or book lists to do research on their topics.
- Allow students to read these information individually or with small group.
- Ask students to discuss the structure of collected information for the preparation of presentation.
- Reconvene as a whole group and have each group share what they researched with whole group.
- Assign student to write down their general and special impression on these countries as homework.
- Latin America
This web site from Yahoo search engine offers a rich information about these countries in Latin America. For students to find the Spanish-speaking countries will find the site helpful for their research.
- Latin America on the Net - Countries
The web site from "LatinWorld" server introduces most Spanish-speaking coutries in Latin America from different perspectives like general information, culture, education and research, Internet resources, and news. The countries are as follows:
- Bolivian music
This site offers some sound files for PC version to have readers have chance to listen to the musical variety and richness of the music from Bolivia.
- The Bolivia Music Page
The web site offers Bolivian interesting musical inforamtion as well as the Andrean folkorical music.
- Literature Argentina
The web page lists the most famous literati in Argentian, including Jorge Luis Borges, Ernesto Sabato, etc.