Reflection on the Hispanic World Field Trips
- Grade level: Upper Elementary, Middle and High School
- Subject Area: Foreign Language - Spanish
Students write rapid draft, which includs their general impression about these Spanish-speaking countries and special impression about certain countries. They compare with their first report and the last one to see which part they change most and why. They share their feeling with whole group about these countries associated with learning Spanish, and their expectation for further learning.
- Students will learn how to organize their information to structure the final report.
- Students will compare their own first and final reports and find out the big diffrences between two.
- Students will figure out what make them change their impression on the differences and why.
- Students will share their feelings (comment) with whole group.
Materials and Resources Needed
- Hardware requirement: several PCs or Macintoshs with color monitors printer(s), CD-ROM.
- Software requirement: Operating system (MacOs, Window, Dos, Windows/95, etc.), application software (ClarisWorks, MS word, etc.), and WWW browsers (Netscape, etc.)
- Network/Internet requirement: telephone lines, high-speed modems (14,400 or above), Web browser: Netscape or others.
- Give back to students the reports done in previous lessons in Spanish, Mexico, Central America and the Caribbean, and South America electronic field trips.
- Give them one hour to re-structure their impression about Hispanic world on a rapid draft.
- Give back to students the first report they did in first lesson on their impression about Hispanic world.
- Internet Resources for Latin America--Introduction
The web site include many hotlinks for Latin America, like WWW Virtual Library--Geographical list, Latin America Network Information Center, etc.
- Changing Patterns: Latin America's Vital Media
From North American's perspectives, Latin America conjured up a set of contradictory images. The diversity in these countries provides diversity facets for those who are interested in explore the area. The web sites introduce a decent point of view towards Latin America.
- Latin American Countries
A list of hotlinks for Latin American Countries, LatinWorld, Political Database of the Americas, etc.
- Latin America on the Net - Culture
The web site provides a complete information of most countries in Latin America (Central, South America, and the Caribbean).
- Web Museum of Latin America
A great web site introduces Latin American museums.
- The Journal of Latin American Perspectives
"Latin American Perspectives is a theoretical and sholarly journal for discuss and bebate on the political economy of captialism, imperialism and socialism in the Americas. Most issues focus on a single problem, nation, or region, providing an in-depth look from participants and sholars throughout the Americas."
Back to Hispanic World Unit Lesson Plans